WHERE: Marshall County Solid Waste
Serves the public by maintaining the convenience center that allows for convenient disposal of discarded materials and recyclables.Educates the public on the benefits of recycling.
- EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEE
- Adheres to County Government Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside the work environment
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Demonstrates awareness and understanding of the various internal and external cultures that utilize department services
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets County Government productivity and quality standards
- Maintains appropriate customer relations
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Oversees the operation of the convenience center on assigned shift to provide assistance to the public in the disposal of discarded materials, waste, and recyclables.
- Provides directions and assists the public in adhering to guidelines of waste disposal at the center.
- Provides instruction to the public on recycling and ensures that recyclables are separated as required.
- Communicates with base station via phone as needed, reporting estimated volume in containers periodically.
- Maintains appropriate logs and records concerning traffic and use of the convenience center.
- Keeps the convenience center area clean, neat and free of debris and litter.
- Maintains all equipment including cleaning oil container strainers.
- Operates a hydraulic compactor, as needed, maintaining safety requirements for such operation.
- Utilizes a variety of safety equipment including visors, fire extinguisher, reflector vest, gloves, and goggles in performance of various tasks.
- May be asked to supervise trustee labor at the recycling center.
- QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of the eighth grade and the ability to read or write at the eighth grade level with some customer service or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
This position requires effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Incumbent must possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- REASONING ABILITY:
Incumbent must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Incumbent must possess the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear.The incumbent frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and to reach with hands and arms.The incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance.The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds (Assistance can be provided when asked). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is routinely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- TO APPLY:
- Application may be picked up from the Marshall County Human Resources Office, 3309 Courthouse Annex, 3rd floor, Lewisburg, TN 37091 or obtain from www.marshallcountytn.com
- Completed application will be accepted by the Marshall County Human Resources Office.
- Absolutely no faxed or emailed applications will be accepted.
- No Phone Calls please.